[Trace-users] Trace-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 3

Alex Chapin alexc at 2rw.com
Mon May 10 12:07:45 PDT 2010

Jon,

I've entered pool loads in the past by creating a miscellaneous load in the internal and airflow loads library. Enter the peak load and sensible percent. Either select "None" or "Heating Load" as energy meter type. If you use heating load, a coil will become available in the System Assignments screen. You can assign the load from the pool to the pool boiler. I've used the activity factor of the pool during occupied and unoccupied periods to create a schedule to assign to the miscellaneous load which matches the occupancy schedule.

Due to the large latent load of a pool, you may see some strange things happening in TRACE. Make sure that you check the output reports to make sure that everything looks right.

Good luck,

Alex Chapin, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C
Energy Engineer
2rw Consultants
T: 434-296-2116 ext. 305
F: 434-977-1862

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - Thanks!