[Trace-users] Campus Steam to Hot Water Heat Exchanger

Snarski, Marty msnarski at shwgroup.com
Fri Sep 10 13:36:23 PDT 2010

Hello, group.

I'm working on an Energy Model and I got to the Supply Temperature Reset
portion of Appendix G, and came up with a  question:

The building is on a Campus Steam loop, that is fed into a heat
exchanger that then provides Hot Water to the building.  Now, I
currently have "Purchased Steam" for the heating plant, and this will be
used for the baseline as well, as per our new LEED Treatment of District
Energy document friend.

Does anyone have any idea on how to simulate this in TRACE?

Thanks!

Martin Snarski   LEED(r) AP BD+C
Mechanical Engineer