[Trace-users] Modeling Questions

Jim Pagliaro Jim at celticenergy.com
Wed Jun 27 11:42:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

A few questions I have regarding my trace model:

1)      If a space have several fan coil units served by a chiller, do I
have to create each FCU as a separate system? (i.e. FCU-1, FCU-2,
etc...)

2)      The building I'm modeling has a hot water boiler that pretty
much runs year round with a relatively flat natural gas profile (reheat
coils, etc)....but Trace seems to be simulating boiler system heating
with a typical heating season profile (winter peaking).  How do I model
this so that it reflects boiler operation year round (to coincide with
actual natural gas bills)?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

James Pagliaro, CEM, CMVP, LEED AP

Energy Engineer

Celtic Energy, Inc.

701 Hebron Ave

Glastonbury, CT 06033

860-882-1515

www.celticenergy.com

Celtic Energy...Energy Solutions for a Sustainable Future