[Trace-users] Percent Outside Air (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Tue Jun 3 13:16:01 PDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I have an Variable Volume Reheat (30% Min Flow Default) and used the System Ventilation Flag to ASHRAE 62.1 with Vent Rest. When I ran the model the system was running 100% Outside air.  I looked at the 62.1 report and saw that there were corridors and storage rooms driving the 100%, so I set the air flow for those rooms higher.  I repeated this process of finding the critical zones and increasing the supply cfm to drive down the outside air percentage.

I've got it down to 43.4%, but is there a better way to accomplish this?

When I run it with summing outside air requirements, the highest zone is 32% outside air, but the values don't comply with 62.1.

Is the best method just to find the critical zones and increasing the cfms and repeat?