[TRNSYS-users] TESS Chiller Models

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Aug 1 08:45:41 PDT 2012

The chiller performance data files were created from published
catalog data from manufacturer's web sites. In some cases the data files
represent a single manufacturer/size and in other cases they represent
an average across a range of manufacturers and sizes - it depends on the
data file that you have chosen. A "rating condition" is chosen and then
all other data points are then normalized to the capacity and power at
the rating condition. That's why the capacity and power consumption
supplied to the proforma model should correspond to the condition in the
data file where the normalized ratios are 1. Besides the simple set
supplied with the TESS Library install, we have dozens of other data
files if you're looking for something in particular.

Jeff

---

Jeff
Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI
USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 07/31/2012
6:17 pm, Santiago Naranjo Palacio wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS-users,

have been using both of the chiller models supplied by TESS (Type 655
and 666) and I have a couple of questions regarding the data files
needed to use them. How were exactly these numbers obtained (the
Capacity Ratio and COP ratio)? I am trying to use the chillers for
different chilled water temperature settings and ambient temperatures
and I was wondering how to do this. If I understand the model correctly,
this means that these chillers only approximate power consumption based
on the data provided and there is no other criteria. Correct?

would greatly appreciate any input.

> Thanks
>
> --
> Santiago