[TRNSYS-users] open windows

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Aug 8 07:54:35 PDT 2012

Leen,

We employ a bulk air flow modeling tool, CONTAM, but you
could use COMIS and TRNFlow. With the multiplier in the *.air file in
CONTAM, you can simply use your forcing function (or schedule,
controller, etc.) to "turn on or off" your window. The Type97 will
calculate (with wind velocity, direction, and wind pressure coefficient
dependent) the resulting increased infiltration rate. My colleague wrote
instructional documentation in section _4.13.18 Type 97: Calling CONTAM_
for more information.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

---

To search the
list Archives : [1]TRNSYS-Users Search Page [2]

On 2012-08-04 16:36,
leen peeters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is the best strategy to simulate
open windows? I can temporarly increase my infiltration rate, but the
actual infiltration shall be wind-dependent....

> Leen

Links:
------
[1] http://www.facebook.com/TRNSYS