[TRNSYS-users] making a new component in TRNSYS 17

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Tue Aug 14 12:54:05 PDT 2012

Dear Janghyun Kim,

Please make sure that you have the latest
TRNSYS 17.01.0016 with the new 07-Programmer's Guide that my colleague
completely rewrote. It has the detailed and step by step information for
creating your new component. In regards to the invalid floating point
operation to quote my colleague, a floating point error is some
unhandled error in the Fortran that causes the DLL to crash; trying to
take the log of a negative number, dividing by zero, accessing an array
with an index that is either too big or too small. The only way to
really track down the cause is to run the simulation from the Fortran
compiler.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-08-13 23:53, Janghyun
Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spent whole day today to build a new component
in TRNSYS 17 and I have failed.

> I went through a lot of different
approaches and it seemed that the link below gives me the simplest and
correct procedure.

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2010/006395.html [1]

> But what if I'm still having a problem, when I exactly follow the
above link, with an error message,
> "invalid floating operation"

What will be my next approach?
> Thank you.