[TRNSYS-users] Parametric run with solar collector's orientation

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Aug 31 09:34:42 PDT 2012

> For the first two parameters it's quite easy. The question is: How
> and where can I set the "orientation" parameter ?
> Do I need do prepare IAM file for each orientation (according to
> http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/mailinglist/archive2003/msg00021.html),
> add in type 15 xtimes surfaces and connect it to x collectors ?

Be careful - when you set the slope of the collector in the collector
model you are NOT setting the slope for the radiation.  The best way to
do what you want is to set the area as a parameter in the collector
model and then set the slope and azimuth of the collector surface in the
Type 15 weather component.  Then hook up the incident radiation terms,
the incidence angle, AND the slope from the weather model to the
collector model.  Refer to the collector examples for reference.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com