[TRNSYS-users] radiation and shadow, type 56

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Thu Dec 13 01:33:44 PST 2012

Marion,

It seems to me that problem is solved.

I didn’t know that I should generate .shm file before simulation to take into account shading zones.

When I have generated .shm files results seems ok:

Building without surroundings consider only windows in kitchen and living (because those window are shadowed by balcony and corner, and bedroom window isn’t shadowed). Building with surroundings consider all windows, because bedroom window get ‘sunlit obstacle’. Energy demand is higher for shaded building and there is also less radiation through windows (ntype 74).

So, thank you for your time and hints!

If you notice some misunderstanding in my thinking let me know, please!

Regards,

Karol