[TRNSYS-users] Using g95 compiler for development of new components

Jean Marais jeannieboef at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 04:07:26 PDT 2012

My current stance is that this currently does not work with G95. Most
issues I solved except the one described briefly below.

There exists a kind of "main" dll called TrnDll.dll which was written and
compiled in intell visual fortran. In that compiled code there are !DEC$
Atributes Dllimport lines which 'decorate' the subroutine or function names
as I understand it. Other external dlls, like the one I'm working on, are
compiled to be linked to it. The source code I'm trying to use has been
modified by me for compilation with the g95 compiler, but the !DEC$
Attributes DllExport line (directly the main subroutine name and some of
the function names) is not supported by g95. gcc has, I think, a !gcc$
dllexport statement which is in the gcc 4.x.x directive. gfortran has
implimented this.

I would ask you to try gfortran instead, if you're going to experiment. Be
aware that you'll probably need to make many modifications to the module
files like trnsysfunctions, trnsysdata, trnsysconstants, etc. You're better
off using the compilers recommended.

Bear in mind that although you'll get to successfully compile and run the
linked code with G95, it doesn't mean that it will work correctly.