[TRNSYS-users] underfloor heating in multi-zone building

Eva gklezakou gklezakoue at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:45:14 PDT 2012

Dear Sirs,

I am modelling a building with underfloor heating in many zones. First of
all I do it only for one zone, after assign an active layer on the floor I
connect also TYPE 114 to TYPE 56 in order to pump the water to the active
layer. Also I connect Type 108 in order to control the whether the pump is
on or off according to the internal temperature. If this procedure is
correct I have the following questions:

1) In order to have underfloor heating to others zones do I have to connect
as many TYPE 114 and 108 as the number of the zones? Each zone has its own
flow rate and also the zones are separated in two groups as for the
minimum temperature according to there use.

2) Does the Q sensible which is calculated include the energy which is used
in order to heat up the water after each loop? I would like to compare the
energy consumption of underfloor heating with that one of convective
radiators.

Thank you.

Regards,
Eva