[TRNSYS-users] Type60c

Farah, Sleiman - farsy019 sleiman.farah at mymail.unisa.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 01:09:03 PST 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am modelling a solar collector with hot water storage tank (Type60c). I connected the collector outlets to the tank inlets2, the tank outlets2 to the collector inlets, and I set the tank flow rate at outlet2 to "-2" (constant tank volume). On the other side of the tank, I connected a load (mass flow rate) to the tank inlet1, and I expected that the same mass flow rate will come out of the tank outlet1. However, the flow rate at outlet1 is 0 throughout the entire simulation, and the load mass flow rate connected to the tank inlet1 is added to the mass flow rate at outlet2 (collector side) instead of outlet1.

In equations format:
MassFlowRateOut2 = MassFlowRateIn2 + MassFlowRateIn1
MassFlowRateOut1 = 0

It should be:
MassFlowRateOut2 = MassFlowRateIn2
MassFlowRateOut1 = MassFlowRateIn1

Any help how to fix this is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sleiman