[TRNSYS-users] Type 107 absorption chiller data

Martin Ssembatya mssembatya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:12:17 PST 2012

Hello there,

I am facing a similar challenge like that faced by Talib Ahmadu. I am
modelling an absorption chiller whose hot inlet temp range is 70 - 95C and
cooling water inlet temperature range is 8 - 35C. As it can be seen these
ranges are out of the provided data ranges; so i changed the ranges to
these aforementioned ones. I found this inevitable because i could not get
the performance data corresponding to the chiller model i am investigating.
I have tried a number of times to get this data from the manufacturer on a
number of occasions but i don't get any feed back from them. The chiller i
am investigating is YAZAKI WFC - SC10. The manufacturer provides data (on
their website) that is defined at only one chilled water temperature (7C)
and the data provided is not in the form of one required by type107 (It
doesn't define the fraction of design load). I am requesting if some one
has the exact data corresponding to this model or who knows where i can
find it to help me with it. Before changing the data ranges i saw a
suggestion in the mathematical description of this type that there is
little variability between chiller data if normalized, so i assumed that
changing the ranges would give me a meaningful estimate.

Thanks in advance
Martin