[TRNSYS-users] Type 641 (Humidifier TESS Libary) - Version 17.025

Roberto Ruiz doppler83 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:47:06 PST 2012

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I'm trying to implement a AHU model by coupling every component. AHU
also comprises an adiabatic humidifier modeled by means type 641.
When I try to simulate it, I always receive a message saying that the
entered Relative humidity is greather than 100%.

Looking in the code I found where the problem come from.
*!Check the Inputs for Problems**
** If ((RHin > 1.) .and. (mode == 2)) Call FoundBadInput(3,'Fatal','The
return air relative humidity is greater than 100.')*

And where inputs are taken correspond to the following part of the code

!Get the Current Inputs to the Model
  Tin = getInputValue(1)
  Win = getInputValue(2)
* RHin = getInputValue(3)* !Should it be *RHin =
getInputValue(3)/100*??? (*)

Could somebody tell me, whether this "new type" (it seems to have been
written in other language) uses relative humidity values between 0-1 (as
inputs)?
Or maybe there is a mistake in the code (*)?
Does this model provide output values (RH) in percentage or between 0-1?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto Ruiz

  University of Liège
Faculty of Applied Sciences
Thermodynamics Laboratory
Campus of Sart-Tilman, B49 (P33)
Chemin des Chevreuils, 7
B-4000 LIEGE (BELGIUM)
Phone  : +32 4 366 48 25 / +32 496 38 46 82
Fax    : +32 4 366 48 12
Mailto : r.ruiz at ulg.ac.be
Web : http://www.labothap.ulg.ac.be/