[TRNSYS-users] increased capacity of air

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 16:43:03 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am simulating a low energy 18-zones building wioth mechanical
ventilation. I increased the capacity of the air in the zone by a factor 5,
as we generally do in TRNSYS simulations.

Now I wondered, whether this is logical when considering the energy losses
through exhaust of the ventilation system: am I not taking 5 times the
energy content? Do I have to adapt my ventilation flow rates in order to
compensate?

I use a flow rate expressed in ACH as input to type 56.

Leen