[TRNSYS-users] Capacity of buffer tank

Zhe Li zhe.li at dit.ie
Wed Nov 28 09:07:55 PST 2012

Dear David,

Thanks for your time.

As we discussed before, due to the fact that the current air-water  heat
pump (Type 941) is a single stage heat pump, a buffer tank is used to
prevent overheating when a imposed thermal load is employed. Even though the
desired system is not working with a buffer tank, this does solve the
original problem I had. However, I have discovered a new problem. What would
be the right capacity of this buffer tank to built into in order to simulate
the actual system (system without using buffer tank)? I have tried to
simulate using varies capacity tank ( from 0.3m3 to 1m3) as the buffer tank,
the electricity consumption can be different as much as 5% which it is
significant as far as I am concerned.

Also, I understand there is an auxiliary heater built into the air-water
heat pump component. Would you recommend to use this auxiliary heater or use
an external heater built into the circuit where after the buffer tank which
makes it more realistic?

Hope I have explained the problem clearly.

Thank you very much.

Zhe Li

Tá an teachtaireacht seo scanta ó thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de chuid Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán.  http://www.dit.ie

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie