[TRNSYS-users] Type 512 (TESS): Mass balance warning message

jeannieboef jeannieboef at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:38:24 PST 2012

Jeff, that's been bugging me for a while...most equipment is specified
at a "rated" condition. Take a fan for example: the controller will
accept a value greater than 1. I assumed 1 is the fan flow at rated
pressure and efficiency. less than 1 and greater than one will ride
the fan curve defined by the fan coefficients to deturmine the power
draw at flowrates=ratedflowrate*control signal. I expect pumps to work
the same and for that matter most equipment. The term "maximum" could
possibly be "rated maximum". coils should be no exception. How far a
system is allowed to exceed rated maximums should be known to the
engineer. I allow my fans to go at 1.3 of max rated flow, but design
the system to work at 1.

is this understanding of Trnsys models correct?

regards

jean

Sent from my iPhone