[TRNSYS-users] Type 512 (TESS): Mass balance warning message

Flynn Ciaran ciaran.flynn at aalto.fi
Thu Nov 29 00:18:33 PST 2012

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the connections and flow rates and they all seem to be ok. On the hot side I have a type 3b variable speed pump, on the cold side a Type 3d single speed pump, both of which have the same maximum flow rates. And this particular flow rate I used as parameter 4 of Type 512 “Rated flow rate of hot side”. I also connected the 6th output of type 512 to the control signal of the variable pump on the hot side of the exchanger..

I still get this mass balance problem. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Ciarán