[TRNSYS-users] SHGC - TrnSys 16.1

DESMERS Julien julien.desmers at batiment.setec.fr
Thu Oct 18 00:55:40 PDT 2012

    Dear all,

    My question concerns the modelisation of facades in TrnSys, and in particular the implementation of SHGC  for glazing parts.

    In TrnBuild, you have to choose a glazing type in the library defining a U-value and g-value for the glazing. Then, the choice of a percentage of frame make you adjust the u-value of the frame so as to get a global u-value for the window.

    Is it the same with the g-value, I mean, is it necessary to take into account the frame percentage so as to get a g-value of the window ? Or is the g-value chosen for the glazing used for the total window part ?

    Best Regards

    Julien Desmers

    Ingenieur conception energetique

            Julien Desmers