[TRNSYS-users] Debugging TRNSYS using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Farah, Sleiman - farsy019 sleiman.farah at mymail.unisa.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 02:06:23 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I created a component (type165) in TRNSYS 16 under windows 7 using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. This component (solar collector) is connected to a weather data reader, pump, and hot water storage tank. In the simulation studio, the simulation stalls at a specific time without any error message. I believe that the simulation is not able to converge at that time which is making TRNSYS irresponsive. I have been trying to debug the component, however an error message {Unable to start program 'C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs\Type165Lib.dll'} keeps popping up in Microsoft Visual Studio as soon as F5 (debug) is clicked. The file (Type165Lib.dll) do exist in that directory.

Any suggestion how to make the debugging possible is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sleiman