[TRNSYS-users] mismatch between type 30a and type99

Santeri Siren santeri.siren1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 07:25:57 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I am trying to use type 30a to model collector array shading on my PV panel
rows. I ran some test simulations and there seems to be a mismatch between
type 30a and weather data file in the total radiation that reaches the
surface.

I set the following parameters to type 30 and to type 99 (weather data):

- slope of surface = 45
- azimuth angle of surface = 0

also in type 30:

-slope of field = 0

Then I set the row separation in type 30 to value 100 m. (there should be
no shading between PV arrays)

When I log the total radiation on surface from type 30 and type 99 there is
a mismatch. The radiation level of type 30 is always a little lower than in
the type 99. Does anyone know how this is possible? have I possibly made
wrong connections?

Best regards. Santeri Siren