[TRNSYS-users] PV example

Kent Beason kbeason at estesmcclure.com
Tue Apr 23 12:50:11 PDT 2013

I'm using the example PV file to simulate an array with 288 Sharp NE170U1
panels.  I've taken the example file, input the module parameters into the
EES which seemed to run okay, but I get an error after the EES runs (I
multiplied the Temp Coefficient of Isc by the short circuit current to
reflect units requested in the EES).  The EES updates the Type parameters
with the calculation results.  I've updated the module area, # series (12),
# parallel (4), for a total of 48 modules per inverter in both the Type and
the example's Parameters equation.  I've input the inverter performances
curves into a txt file, following the format provided in the type reference.
Upon running, the PV type (194) reports that it's expecting 24 parameters
while 29 are specified, as if there's 24 Parameters in the pro-forma, yet
there are 29.  I'm currently using TRNSYS 16.  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Kent Beason

Estes, McClure & Associates, Inc.

3608 West Way