[TRNSYS-users] Combined paralle and series collector array with different orientation

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Aug 6 11:55:15 PDT 2013

<I'm new with TRNSYS, so I want to simulate system for heating DHW
in a hotel using solar thermal collectors(flat plate). The difficult is
that there are 5 collectors parallel connected (each 2m2, south-west
orientated, tilted 30 degrees) and then they're serial connected to
another 2 collectors(each 2,5 m2 which are parallel connected between
them, south orientated, tilted 40 degrees). Again this array is in
parallel connected with exactly the same array of collectors. Can
someone give me directions hot to define the solar collector array in
the simulation?>

I followed your e-mail until the line: "Again this
array is in parallel connected with exactly the same array of
collectors" Can you provide a simple sketch of the collector array so we
can help you set the collector parameters?

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 08/05/2013 12:58 pm, Igor Seso
wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS users,
> I'm new with TRNSYS, so I want to
simulate system for heating DHW in a hotel using solar thermal
collectors(flat plate).
> The difficult is that there are 5 collectors
parallel connected (each 2m2, south-west orientated, tilted 30 degrees)
and then they're serial connected to another 2 collectors(each 2,5 m2
which are parallel connected between them, south orientated, tilted 40
degrees). Again this array is in parallel connected with exactly the
same array of collectors.
> Can someone give me directions hot to
define the solar collector array in the simulation?
> Thank you in
advance