[TRNSYS-users] Error with Genopt and PSO algorithm

Wen Xue wenxue430 at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 17 03:30:11 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am using Genopt in TRNSYS 17 to optimise building HVAC. When I use Hooke-Jeeves alggorithm, it works perfectly fine without error and able to get optimised value. But the problem is I need to use Particle Swarm algorithm as my varaibles are discrete. When I use PSO, I get an error "Cannot open Bui file". This is bit strange as genopt is not suppose to open the BUI files. Did any one get similar errors. Pl help.

Kind regards,
Wen