[TRNSYS-users] Modelling radiant heating panels with chilled ceiling-model?

Marina Stegelmeier marina.stegelmeier at tuhh.de
Tue Dec 10 01:54:12 PST 2013

Hello everyone,
I'm currently working with the chilled ceiling model in Type 56. The
thing is only that I want to operate the radiant panels in heating mode
and not for cooling. In the layer definition I have to specify the
specific norm power and massflow. I'm wondering how the model knows if
the model is operated for heating or cooling applications, except from
the inlet temperature I adjust in the "chilled ceiling
specification"-window (from wall-list)? Since the specific norm power is
defined for both heating (over temperature 55 K) and cooling operation
(over temperature 8 K) in producer data sheets I don't really understand
which value is expected here. I suppose it's the cooling power since the
model is designed for cooling applications and then the heat transfer is
calculated according to the inlet conditions in the panels. But do I
still get correct results then? Or is the chilled ceiling model even the
right way to model heated ceiling panels? There is still Type1231 from
Tess-HVAC-Library...

I would really appreciate any comments or similar experience! Thanks in
advance!
Marina Stegelmeier

--
Marina Stegelmeier, Dipl.- Ing.