[TRNSYS-users] Generate Type56 Shading and Insolation matrices from command line

Damien Tavan damien.tavan at aiguasol.coop
Thu Feb 7 07:40:37 PST 2013

Hello TRNSYS users,

Here is my problem: I am preparing a parametric analysis on a simple Type
56 building zone model with one of the parameters being the window-to-wall
ratio.
Using a script I can easily convert the desired window-to-wall ratio in
window/wall areas and coordinates, and modify the corresponding surface
coordinates and areas within the .b17 file. But then it is necessary to
re-generate the complete set of shading, insolation and view factor
matrices, and I would like to do it without having to open TRNBUILD and
manually click on "generate matrix".
I've already managed to re-generate the View Factor matrix calling the
TRNVFM program from the command line, but as for the Shading and Insolation
matrices there doesn't seem to be a straightforward solution. In the Type
56 manual it is said on page 95 that "TRNBuild calls an auxiliary tool
based on TRNSHD" to generate these matrices, but unfortunately this tool
seems to only exist in the form of a dll ("trnshdbui.dll" found in
TRNSYS17\Building directory). Is there a way to generate the Shading and
Insolation matrices from the command line?? Would it be possible to get the
TRNSHD prpgram in an exe format?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

--

*Damien Tavan*
Building Energy Analyst

[image: logoAS]

Aiguasol Enginyeria sccl
C/ Roger de Lluria, 29 3r 2a, Barcelona, 08009, Spain
T: (+34) 93 342 47 55  F: (+34) 93 342 47 56

http://www.aiguasol.coop/