[TRNSYS-users] type 340

Simon Janse simonjanse at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 06:18:35 PST 2013

Hi all together,
I'm currently writing my diploma thesis and using TrnSys to simulate
seasonal thermal storage.
As thermal storage (not the seasonal one) I want to use type340, but I
get several warnings which in sum cause an error (When I increase the
number of allowed warnings, the simulation works, but with no useable
results). Firstly there are warnings, that the double ports and heat
exchangers are situated in the same node, which I cannot understand,
because I put the outlet and inlet at about positions 0.1 and 1
(relative position to the storage height) and defined N_max as 50.
Then I get a warning every time step (1 hour), that the energy balance
is ~300% (in the beginning of the simulation even higher, up to ~2700%).
So what exactly is this energy balance?

So can anybody please help me out on the usage of type 340?
Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
Simon