[TRNSYS-users] Converting kJ/hr to kWh type46

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jan 18 12:31:26 PST 2013

When you integrate kJ/h in Type 46 you get units of kJ. To convert
kJ to kWh you divide the number by 3600:

kJ * 1 h/3600 s = kJ/s *
Hours = kW * Hours = kWh

This is most easily done in Excel after the
simulation is complete but you could do it before the integrator and use
an equation.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22
N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax:
(608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 01/18/2013 10:09 am, Patrick Fabriek wrote:

> Dear Trnsys user,

> Maybe this is a frequently asked question but I will ask hehe.
>

> The output units of type 56 is not really useful to me and I would
like to convert this.

> Im using a type 46 with automatic monthly
periods as output for my type 56 building model. How can I convert this
output file into kWh?

> Do I have to divide the monthly output over
3600?

> Example : January 2.8e6 [kJ/hr ] to bring it to kWh I
multiply it by 3600.

> Is this correct?
>
> Kind Regards.

Patrick Fabriek