[TRNSYS-users] Weather data read-in

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Jan 31 16:43:03 PST 2013

Dear Yuanli,

I did not happen to see a Beijing Energyplus weather
file (*.epw) in the list of provided files.

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data3.cfm/region=2_asia_wmo_region_2/country=CHN/cname=China

I would speculate that perhaps the file that you had was not
formatted exactly how the other *.epw files are formatted. However, for
TRNSYS users, there is a Meteonorm file that is included for the
Type15-6 for Beijing in the ".WeatherMeteonormAsia" directory. Also,
since you already have the data in column format, you could simply save
the worksheet as a tab-delimited text file, and read that text file into
your simulation with the Type9 data reader. Please see the example in
the ".ExamplesReading Data Files" directory.

Best regards,

Matt
Duffy

On 2013-01-31 00:59, 热能071吕原丽 wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS users,
>

> I read-in .epw weatherdata of BeiJing, China from Energy+ in TRNSYS
(TYPE15-3). But the output wind speed and wind direction in TRNSYS are
different from those source values in Energy+ weather file. And the wind
speed is much smaller than the actual wind speed.

> Attached please
find the file including the original Energy+ weatherdata and outputs
from TRNSYS.

> Can anyone help me solve this problem?
> Best
Regards.