[TRNSYS-users] radiator type 1231

Enyuan Hu bearcharge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:34:30 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I'm trying to model radiant cooling using the type 1231 radiator in TESS
library for TRNSYS 17. The model may be loose for cooling as condensation
is not considered, but we want to have some idea of the effect when only
convection and radiation are dominant. I'm looking for answers to two
questions:

1. Is there any example or tutorial that shows how the radiator can be used
with type 56, or how they communicate?

2. In searching previous threads on using the radiator, it seemed that
there's restriction on the inlet water temperature, that it, it must be at
least 0.5C above the room temperature. Can we circumvent this restriction?

Thanks.
Enyuan