[TRNSYS-users] TESS Libraries version (17.1.03)

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Mar 21 09:13:54 PDT 2013

Dear Zhe Li,

An email from TESS Technical Support has been sent to
you. Since you are a TESS customer, you may contact TESS for update
information and technical support.

Please bear in mind that the
Trnsys-Users mailing list is a discussion forum and the questions are
answered by volunteers.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2013-03-20
06:02, Zhe Li wrote:

> Dear Matt,
>
> Thank you very much for your
response.

> I believe I am the end-user for the version of TRNSYS
17. I am not sure which distributor that I should contact to, They are
two distributors are close to me (Ireland), one is in France and another
one is in Germany, However, I do remember that I actually purchased the
TRNSYS version 17 using my own budget from distributor in America, I do
not know if you still remember this back to last summer.

> Would be
possible if the distributor in America could provide me the latest TESS
Libraries version (17.1.03)? I will have no problem to provide any
information (purchase prove) that you require.

> Thank you for your
help.

> Zhe Li
>
> FROM: Matt Duffy [mailto:duffy at tess-inc.com]

SENT: 18 March 2013 15:37
> TO: Zhe Li
> CC: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu

SUBJECT: RE: [TRNSYS-users] Mathematical description of ASHP Type941

> Dear Zhe Li,
>
> You can see the version of your TESS Libraries by
looking at the top of the ".Tess ModelsReadme.html" file or looking at
the number on the external DLL's in the ".UserLibReleaseDLLs" directory.
With TRNSYS version 17.01.0016, the TESS Libraries version 17.1.01 were
distributed. Thus, please have the primary end-user at your institution
contact your TRNSYS distributor for the latest TESS Libraries version
(17.1.03).

> The source code was likely based on a water source heat
pump (WSHP) which is a water-to-air heat pump. An air-to-water heat pump
is basically a backwards water-to-air heat pump, so you can look at the
Type919 WSHP documentation for reference, and the new Type941.f90 source
code with the new installation package should be helpful as well.

Best regards,

> Matt Duffy
>
> On 2013-03-15 08:49, Zhe Li wrote:

>> Dear Matt,
>>
>> I am currently using Version 5.3.0.0 and
Trnsys version 17.01.0016. Is this the latest version? (for TESS
libraries?). I am able to find the Type941.f90 text file in this
version, has this been rewritten or this is the latest version which I
can use to investigate how the heat pump works?

>> Second thing is,
Would be possible if you could recommend books or journal papers which
the source code was written based on?

>> Thank you very much for
your help.

>> Zhe Li
>>
>> FROM:
trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu [3]
[mailto:trnsys-users-bounces at cae.wisc.edu [4]] ON BEHALF OF Matt
Duffy
>> SENT: 07 March 2013 17:54
>> TO: trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
[5]
>> SUBJECT: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Mathematical description of ASHP
Type941

>> Dear Zhe Li,
>>
>> We apologize the the component does
not yet have documentation. However, it is a straight-forward, and I can
summerize it. Please make sure that you are using the current version,
17.1.03 of the TESS Libraries. The source code in the ".Tess
ModelsSourceCodeType941.f90", and you can view this in a simple text
editor program. This is an excellent way to see how an output such as
power is calculated. It has all of the equations in an easy to follow
manner in the new f90 code. Also, the "More" buttons in the proforma are
also very helpful for information about the specific variables. It is a
performance-map based component like most all of the other HVAC heat
pump, air conditioner, and chiller component models. There is a
performance map for when it is operating in heating mode, and there is a
performance map for when it is operating in cooling mode. These
performance map external data files are in the "InterpolateData" format
(see the 08-ProgrammersGuild.pdf for more information). Like many of the
other TESS heat pump components, the capacity and power in the data file
(the dependent variables) are normalized, so the user can adjust the
total capacity and power in the parameter of that particular component.

>> If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to
contact me or TESS technical support about the TESS Libraries.

Thank you,

>> Matt
>>
>> On 2013-03-07 04:42, Zhe Li wrote:
>>

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your time.

have recently built a combined air source heat pump and solar thermal
system for my PhD research study. After carefully reading the
mathematical description (also related books) of solar thermal system
for flat-plate and evacuated-tube collector, I fully understand how the
energy output can be predicted from TRNSYS. However, I am struggling to
understand how the ASHP Type941 is to predict the power output. It is
vital for me to understand how this component works and be able to write
into my final PhD thesis. I am wondering if this mathematical
description has been released yet? If it is, I will be very grateful if
somebody could send me a copy of it.

>>> Sorry, I have asked a
similar question before, however, this is so important that I have no
choice but keep asking it.

>>> Thank you very much for your help.

>>> Zhe Li
>>>
>>> Tá an teachtaireacht seo scanta ó thaobh
ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de chuid Seirbhísí
Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán. http://www.dit.ie [1]

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT
Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be
clean. http://www.dit.ie [2]

>> T an teachtaireacht seo scanta
thaobh bhar agus vreas ag Seirbhs Scanta Romhphost de chuid Seirbhs
Faisnise, ITBC agus meastar a bheith sln. http://www.dit.ie [6]
http://www.dit.ie [7]

agus meastar a bheith sln. http://www.dit.ie [8]
> This message has been
scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail
Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie [9]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.dit.ie