[TRNSYS-users] Type941 source code

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Mar 27 12:00:15 PDT 2013

<I have seen that it requires to call Psychrometrics Routine, Moist
Air Properties and Air Properties. Where can I find these property
files? are they standard values and is there any reference for them?>

The psychrometrics routine can be found in the source sode/kernel
directory and the file is called psych.f90. This routine uses an
equation of state to calculate the remaining moist air properties given
the known moist air properties. For example, I could call psych with h,
T and P and get back the relative humidity and the entropy. The dry air
properties can be found in the TESS LibrariesSource Code directory.

<The component requires to call data from external file containing
'InterpolateData'. This InterpolateData gives friction capacity and
power for a range of air temperature and water temperature, however I am
wondering what will happen when the actual air temperature and/or water
temperature is out of the range (how the calculation is carried out)? Is
there any correlation used for this scenario? >

If the values are
outside the range, the value at the end of the range is used - no
extrapolation is done. The documentation for InterpolateData can be
found in the documentation folder.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 03/27/2013 12:13 pm, Zhe Li
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> I am trying to
follow the Type941 source code (since there is no mathematical
description available) in order to understand how exactly this
air-source-heat-pump calculates the power output. However, I have a
couple of questions in regarding with it, hope somebody could help me
with these:

> 1. I have seen that it requires to call Psychrometrics
Routine, Moist Air Properties and Air Properties. Where can I find these
property files? are they standard values and is there any reference for
them?

> 2. The component requires to call data from external file
containing 'InterpolateData'. This InterpolateData gives friction
capacity and power for a range of air temperature and water temperature,
however I am wondering what will happen when the actual air temperature
and/or water temperature is out of the range (how the calculation is
carried out)? Is there any correlation used for this scenario?

Thank you very much for your help.

> Zhe Li
> Tá an teachtaireacht
seo scanta ó thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de
chuid Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán.
http://www.dit.ie [1]
> This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is
believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie [2]

Links:
------
[1]