[TRNSYS-users] TRNsys TYPE 22 Multi Surfaces Problem

Freppel, Wirich Wirich.Freppel at saint-gobain.com
Thu May 16 02:31:51 PDT 2013

Dear TRNsys users,

When I set up a cubic room with Google sketch up and then import it into TRNSys 17 I can easily calculate the temperature of each surface (6). Also I can set up the temperature of one surface to a set point temperature and control it with a "POWER" variable which is determined in TRNbuild.
So basically I heat one wall and calculate the temperature of the other wall plus the air temperature.

When I try to divide this wall into several, let's say 2 walls (by using Google Sketch up to separate the walls)  heating only one small wall (so half of the entire wall) becomes impossible. I get this error message :
Fatal Error at time   :         1.000000
    Generated by Unit     :    56
    Generated by Type     :    56
    Message               : outside temperature of    2 (external) wall in zone   1 at time     1.00 not converged!

Which I don't understand. Is it possible to heat only a part of the wall?

It definitely works with entire walls but not with separated wall.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wirich