[TRNSYS-users] Effect of Collector Slope on Collector Gain

dev sharma devsharmami at gmail.com
Thu May 23 06:33:11 PDT 2013

Hey,

When I change the collector slope in Type 1b-2 (collector), the effect
on the energy collected by collector doesn't give a maxima at all.
Instead it keeps on increasing somewhat linearly.

I have noticed that Meteonorm file (read by Type 15-6) also gives
surface slope as the output. In this case this output is similar to
lattitude so I presume that all the calculations are performed within
the weather file for incident radiation on the inclined surface.

How can I vary the slope of the collector then? Do I have to modify
the Meteonorm file? How can I plot a curve of Useful energy of the
collector Vs Collector Slope. ?

Thanks a lot!!!
Dev

--
Dev Sharma
Erasmus Mundus Masters in Sustainable Energy