[TRNSYS-users] Closed Cycle Solar Hot Water System

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Sep 27 12:50:46 PDT 2013

Have you looked at the SDHW example that's provided for some insight
as to what you might be doing wrong? I would start there. After that,
hook up the flow rate outputs from all of the components to an online
plotter and see where the problem lies.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 09/27/2013 9:47 am, Joshua Chia
wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to design a closed cycle hot water system
for use with a Heat Exchanger with a Solar Collector, pump and tank. I
want to be able to set the mass flow rate of the system but it seems
that even though I've set the maximum flow rate in the pump, the actual
flow rate is way higher than that. I'm guessing it is due to the tank.
Can anyone help me out on what to do with the tank? I only want a simple
tank with 1 inlet and 1 outlet and the mass flow rate to be the one i
determine it to be.