[TRNSYS-users] Heat exchnager problem heat transfer

Barto Pene mdeodbuf1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 03:00:57 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I modeling solar collector system with storage tank used in pre-heating the
air (with heat exchanger water-air).
As a storage tank I'm using Type 60c and do the standard connections
between circ.pump, controller.... the solar collector I connect with the
heat exchanger (inside the tank). I insert another circulating pump
connecting it to the flow and temperature at Inlet 1 of the tank and Then
the flow and temperature of Outlet 1(Type 60C) I connect  to the source
inlet of the heat-exchanger (Type 5 or Type 650...)  on the other load side
are defined the necessary parameters for air.....
But in the simulation the outlet temperature 1 from the storage tank and
the source outlet temp. from the heat exchanger are the same i.e. like
there is no heat exchange (also the same happens if I connect with the
aux.heater Type 6 there is also no temp.increase).
What am I doing wrong should I change the storage tank or...?

Regards
Barto