[TRNSYS-users] Optimization at each time-step

SUNLIANG CAO caosunliang at msn.com
Thu Aug 21 06:33:23 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I have a question upon the optimization in
TRNSYS at each time-step.

As we know, currently, most of the
optimization softwares, such as GenOpt, make the optimization for TRNSYS based
on a series of “complete” TRNSYS simulation results. In other words, the
optimization software calls TRNSYS, and TRNSYS will run the whole simulation (such
as 1-year’s simulation) and return back a result after the simulation completes

However, in my case, I have to make the
optimization for the control of an energy system in TRNSYS at each time-step.
This means that, at the beginning of each time-step, I have to “virtually” run
TRNSYS for the coming one time-step in the computer for many times (e.g. 100
times), and get an optimized parameter for the control of the energy system.
Thereafter, TRNSYS “in real” run the simulation with the optimized control of
the energy system for the coming one time-step. And this process will be
conducted at each time-step.

Another question relating to the above-mentioned
question: how can I return to the beginning of one time-step in TRNSYS after the
one time-step’s simulation passes?  For
example, in a one-year’s simulation, after running the simulation for 2968
hours, I would like to return to the beginning of the 2968th hour. How could I manage
that in TRNSYS? Is there any way to create a type to force TRNSYS to return to
the beginning of certain time-step?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Sunliang