[TRNSYS-users] Timebase and Trnsys Message 441

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Thu Feb 6 00:25:21 PST 2014

Dear Eva,

the best choice of the time base is:

time base = time step

However, this isn't always possible and you'll receive an error message.

The step of temperature is related to that fact that the time base is larger then the simulation time step. When the wall history is updated based on the time base a step might be encountered.

For control it is recommended to use a component with hysteresis like
Type 2 and NOT Equations. The "freezing" indicates that a lot of iterations
are performed at this time step in order to reach convergence.
You should set the max. number of iteration to a considerable number
like 50 and improve your control in order to achieve convergence.

Marion
Transsolar Software Team