[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS3D with Sketchup 8 does not recognise surfaces except first rectangle placed

C.J. Cundy cjc208 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 08:22:04 PDT 2014

Hi users,

I'm following the tutorial for TRNSYS3D that comes with the package,
however once I pull the rectangle up, the side walls and roof do not
change colour, staying white, and manually selecting them and changing
their type only changes the floor rectangle colour. If I try and add
windows they aren't recognised as being windows. If I try and add more
rectangles while staying inside the TRNSYS3D zone, the rectangles do not
appear as TRNSYS3D objects at all: the info window reads 'No EnergyPlus
object selected'.

Does anyone know what's going on? I think this is the same issue that
Paul O'Sullivan posted to this list in 2012 with no replies:
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/trnsys-users/2012/010082.html

Thanks for any replies,

Chris