[TRNSYS-users] Can output of TYPE 2 be in decimals ?

Sharma Dev Dev.Sharma at eurac.edu
Mon Mar 3 08:55:19 PST 2014

Dear All,

I have been through previous threads on the functioning of TYPE 2, but am facing an unprecedented problem.

I'm using Type 2 to control the flow in a parabolic trough collector, taking T_out (outlet temperature of collector) as T_high (Input 1) and a fixed value for Input 2. Inlet mass flow rate is the product of output control function (0 or 1) from Type 2 and Nominal mass flowrate.

However on doing this, I'm also getting output control function as decimal values. Mathematical reference says that it can be either 0 or 1. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dev Sharma

P.S: I am connecting Output to Input 4 as well.