[TRNSYS-users] Coldbridge effect and mixed geometry model

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Mar 12 08:16:27 PDT 2014

Dear Verdiana,

I'm sorry I was pretty unexact in my last explanation. There are two ways to integrate the coldbridge,
and keep the possibility of using the detailed radiation computation.

1.       You can draw a small surface embedded in your original geometry and define it as a

massless surface (wall), with properties, which represents your coldbridge.

(That's what I've recommended to you in my last mail. My colleague told me, that you might run

into trouble with generating the ism, vfm matrices with this method).

2.       Or, you adapt the U-Value of your original wall

Uvalue = (Uwall*Area + Coldbridge_1 x L_1 + Coldbridge_2 x L_2 + ...

    +  Coldbridge_i x L_i)/Area

Regards

Jochen Lam
TRNSYS Software Team