[TRNSYS-users] Fwd: Why in vertical-U-pipe (type557) extraction flow Temperature is always below Mean storage temperature?

J Jove jovejm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:22:37 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I am working on Borehole Thermal Energy Storage using type 557a and 557b. I
am using DST as well and I don´t understand why the storage extraction
temperature is always below the storage average temperature while in DST is
the opposite.

I calculated the optimum design for a thermal storage to supply District
Heating with DST, in TRNSYS I simulated the LOAD with a heat exchanger and
a pump pumping at 20-25 degrees, but I cannot get the same results, not
even close.

Please contact me if some of you did some simulation with large thermal
underground storage with TRNSYS (type557).
*jovejm at gmail.com <jovejm at gmail.com>*
---
Jordi Jové
*jovejm at gmail.com <jovejm at gmail.com>*