[TRNSYS-users] question related to predictive control

Georgios Kyriakarakos gk at aua.gr
Thu Mar 20 03:41:18 PDT 2014

Dear Carol,

I have implemented predictive control in TRNSYS based on Grey theory. You can find the paper which describes this in the address below:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306261912007155
What we usually do is initially implement control algorithms in Matlab and optimize them there and when they are finalized we write the code in Fortran and add it to TRNSYS. Matlab calling is indeed very slow in comparison with a fortran added routine in TRNSYS. This time delay is increased considerably when using external optimization programs like GenOpt where a big number of simulations (~2000) have to take place.

George
Dr. George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
MSc Energy Systems & Renewable Energy Sources, PhD.
Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Natural Resources and Agricultural Engineering
Iera odos street, 75, Athens 11855, Greece
Tel. +30.210.5294046 (direct), Fax: +30.210.5294023
Mobile +30.6942.046895
e-mail: <gk at aua.gr>