[TRNSYS-users] Help : Rain amounts and hourly rainy time on TRNSYS weather data

Remon Lapisa remonlapisa at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 03:52:25 PDT 2014

Dear colleagues,

I want to study the effect of natural ventilation through some openings by considering the outside condition (rainy time, wind speed, etc).
In TRNSYS-17 version, can we know the hourly rainy time and the rain amounts from TRNSYS weather data file (file.tm2)?  I only have the weather data on ‘file.tm2‘ format for my case study.

Apparently, the ‘***.tmy3’ file (Type 15-TMY3) provides the possibility to obtain ‘the Liquid precipitation depth and quantity’.  Are they representing the ‘rain amounts’ values? Could we convert the file ‘file.tm2’  in to  ‘file.tmy3 ‘?

Thank you for the helps

~Remon