[TRNSYS-users] new component withTRNSYS 17

Valeria Badalamenti valeriab.23 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:16:32 PST 2014

Hi,
I am creating a new type with TRNSYS 17 and I'm following the instructions
on getting started.
Is necessary to have the compiler?
Can I  use g95 to determine the dll with g95? is that correct? I found the
guide on TRNSYS website.
My procedure is:

   - I create the proforma with TNSYS, (insert parameters, input and output)
   -  I create the file XXX.for
   - I edit the file XXX.for  manually adding the new code with the
   algorithms.
   - I insert the file.For in C: \ TRNSYS17 \ Studio \ proformas \
   myComponent
   - Use g95 to generate a .dll file
   - I put the .dll file in C: \ TRNSYS17 \ Userlib \ ReleaseDLLs
   - I start TRNSYS.

The error of TRNSYS is: *A TRNSYS Type subroutine was called where the
version information was not provided - or not provided correctly. Please
check the formulation of the specified TYPE, rebuild the dynamic link
library and re-run the simulation*

where is the problem?

thanks,

Valeria