[TRNSYS-users] Problem when using a different *.b17 file

Paul McKenna paulmck at live.ie
Tue Oct 21 09:52:44 PDT 2014

I created a new TRNSYS project with a 3d multizone building and the simulation runs with no issues. I then modified the building in TRNBuild and saved it under a different name. When I change to the new building (*.b17 file) in Simulation Studio by altering the path in the "External Files" section of the Building Type, Simulation Studio crashes.

The error message reads "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The strange thing is that this happens even if I select the same *.b17 file that was being used originally i.e. going into "External Files" and selecting the same file that is already loaded and working properly.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem, or knows where I should start troubleshooting.

I have tested with one of the example building projects and there is no problem there which would lead me to believe that there is some problem either with the *.idf file or the *.b17 file. However, this doesn't seem to be the case as the simulations run without a problem. I have attached both of these files.