[TRNSYS-users] Temperature course and reaction time

Masood Mobarak masood.mobarak at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 08:40:56 PDT 2014

Hi @ all,

I am writing my master thesis about room simulation and I am new to TRNSYS.
I have two question and i hope that you can help me:

1. Question: How comes that the temperature course of a room (type 56) has alsways jumps/steps.
For Example: When the ambient temperature is very cold then the temperature in the room falls, but in many little steps (See attachment).
Is this a fault from the simulation? If not can someone explain me why this course is correct ?

2. The temperature in the room falls immediatly after the ambient temperature falls. Is this also correct? I thought there have to be some time until the temperature from the room will react to the ambient temperature or to heating the room. When the heating power beginn the temperature begins to raise. I thought that there have to be some minutes until it will beginn to raise.

Kind regards,

Masood Mobarak