[TRNSYS-users] Importing the .idf file into TRNSYS17

Omar Abu-Hamdeh omar1994 at uab.edu
Wed Jun 25 14:23:18 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I tried importing the .idf file into TRNBuild but it says it can not locate the .b17 file (which should be created when the project is created). After trying to import my .idf file, it creates 2 more files in the directory. One text file that adds the extension '_trnsidf' and another .idf file that adds the extension '_ps.idf'.

I also tried to open the 3d building example .idf file that is installed with the program but that does the same as my .idf file.

>From the tutorial:
"The wizard reads in the *.idf file that you chose and based on the information therein, generates a building description file (*.b17) and a TRNSYS Project File (*.tpf); a fully functional TRNSYS simulation is set up and the required links are generated. Note: The wizard uses now Type 15 as weather data component. If a different weather data format than *.tm2 shall be used, the weather data component can be replaced. "

Neither the .b17 file nor the .tpf file is created when the .idf file is imported.

Thanks,
Omar Abu-Hamdeh