[TRNSYS-users] Adjacent surfaces not recognized with 3d plugin

Alexandre J. Freire ajfreire at fe.up.pt
Mon Jun 30 08:32:14 PDT 2014

Dear users,

I’d like to know how to solve the following issue:

For some reason many adjacent walls are not recognized when loading the idf
file in the trnsys wizard. I’ve seen the surfaces where the error “Adjacent
wall not found” appears and I checked:

-          Object info recognizes the wall as adjacent and boundary zone is
correct

-          On the matching surface recognition is OK as well

-          Areas are equal

-          Vertices are coincident

-          The idf is written as described in the sketchup interface.

-          The b17 file is the only where in those surfaces don’t appear
something like “: ADJ_SURF=63 : BACK”

Not all adjacent surfaces had this problem but many do (62).

Could someone tell me how to make those walls getting recognized in trnsys?

Many thanks in advance,

Alexandre J. Freire

Investigador Científico / Research Engineer

Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto

Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica

Secção de Fluidos e Calor

Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, Edif. L403

4200-465 Porto - Portugal