[TRNSYS-users] solar absorptance of walls

Schranzhofer, Hermann hermann.schranzhofer at tugraz.at
Fri Sep 5 06:35:20 PDT 2014

Hi Wirich,

we had a master thesis running some years ago on this topic (comparing TRNSYS with DesignBuilder which actually uses Energy+ as calculation engine).
Though it was some years ago maybe it helps a little (find the work attached).

As far as I  can remember there were also different models used for solar radiation (diffuse radiation calculation and also for interpolation).

Some ideas:
- Is there a window in your building model? If yes remove it and do your comparison again. Thus you can find out if the difference comes from the window.
- Have a closer look at the energy balance (Transmission, solar gains, ...); maybe you can find the causing influence
- Simplify your model and switch on the different aspects (infiltration, ventilation, gains ...) step by step.

Hope this helps,
Hermann.

DI Dr. mont. Hermann Schranzhofer
Institut fuer Wärmetechnik / Institute of Thermal Engineering
TU Graz / Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 25 / B, A-8010 Graz

Tel.: 	+43 316 873 7314
mobil: 	+43 664 60 873 7314